To promote Thailand as the hub of MICE Academy in ASEAN by developing MICE Academy Curriculum, both in bachelor and master degrees, for university all over the country together with developing the MICE capabilities to academic professors and students.
When new generations of young people from universities and colleges are engaged in a focused MICE programme, we are arming them with the necessary skills and work experience to push the Thai MICE industry further forward. Having strong and well-trained young professionals with high standards of performance through knowledge of MICE will ensure Thailand maintains its position as a preferred MICE destination in the region.
- Objective : " Creating Future MICE Leaders "
Target : Academic institutes, Lecturers and Students
- Content Development : MICE Curriculum, MICE Casebook/ MICE Major, Coach the Coaches Program, Subsidy for research
- Connection Development : Academy Exchange Program/ Academic MICE Cluster
- Career Development : MICE Career Day
Thailand Pioneers University MICE CoursesA MICE Course Board of industry experts is creating an international MICE curriculum to be taught in Thai universities, colleges and vocational schools. The curriculum will be based on insightful new MICE text books that will be taught at various levels, eventually up to bachelor degree programmes. To date, 48 institutions have signed an MOU to adopt the new course, which will also stipulate that course participants must organise a successful event to graduate.
MICE Textbooks: Top MICE MindsIn 2012, the MICE Course Board published Asia’s first MICE curriculum textbook, “Introduction to the MICE Industry”, in both Thai and English. The textbook’s 13 chapters highlight international best practices in the MICE industry and will be used by leading Thai educational institutions in a new MICE course.
A second textbook currently being prepared will analyse Thai and international case studies from the MICE industry. The new publication, “MICE Case Book”, will showcase how top professionals organise major events, pointing out the pros and cons of each event.
Coach the CoachesTCEB’s MICE Capabilities Development department has devised an intensive three-day coaching programme to bring university lecturers up to speed with the very latest knowledge about the MICE industry. The programme emphasises how the “Introduction to the MICE Industry” textbook can be used under the new MICE curriculum.
Open to all academic Leaders, teachers, instructors from our allied universities and vocational schools. Total 5 editions. Launched in 2012 that Total 553 graduates from 282 Organizations collaborations from TICA, TEA and EMA as speakers.
MICE Career Day
- MICE Job opportunities from 3 Associations members to exhibit and recruit new graduates
- Forum for MICE students to understand more about job requirements
- 1st edition in 2015 Report: 37 MICE operators, 1,330 students from 32 academic institutions, Series of exhibits and presentations
Academic Exchange for a Global PerspectiveA MICE Academic Exchange Programme will give lecturers, students and researchers the chance to gain new insights into the international MICE industry, by working with overseas partners to broaden Thailand’s MICE curriculum and raise standards of excellence in the industry. Universities in Korea, Taiwan and Australia have signed an MOU to participate in the programme, with those from other countries also under consideration.
TCEB bridge and build international alliances among MICE institutions, inception in 2013 to bring Thai Universities and facilitate matching program with international universities to form international alliances (7 Countries 41 Organizations) : Australia 2, China 1, Germany 8 (in the process), Japan 2, Korea 7, Taiwan 9, USA 1/ 22 (in the process)
- Sign MOU with TCEB
- Send instructors to attend Coach the Coaches Program and other projects
- Entitle as MICE Academic Alliance with benefits
• Kasetsart University • Khonkean University • Chiangmai University • Rajamangala University of Technology Krungthep • Rajamangala University of Technology – Ratanakosin • Rajamangala University of Technology – Lanna • Dhurakij Pundit University • Naresuan University • Stamford University • Mahidol University International College • Maejo University • Mae Fah Luang University • Rangsit University • Chandrakasem Rajabhat University • Chiangrai Rajabhat University • Chiangmai University • Nakhon Ratchasima Rajabhat University • Bansomdejchaopraya Rajabhat University • Phranakhon Si Ayutthaya Rajabhat University • Piboonsongkram Rajabhat University • Phuket Rajabhat University • Ratchanakarin Rajabhat University • Lampang Rajabhat University • Sakolnakorn Rajabhat University • Suandusit Rajabhat University • Walailak University • Sripatum University • Prince of Songkla University • Siam University • University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce • Hatyai University • Nation University • Payap University • Far Eastern University • North Chiangmai University • Bangkok University • Eastern Asia University • Songkhla Rajabhat University • Suan Sunandha Rajabhat University • Muban Chombueng Rajabhat University • Uttaradit Rajabhat University • Srinakarin Thara Viroj University • Rajamangala University of Tcechnology Srivijaya • Mahasarakham University • Thonburi Rajabhat University • Panyapiwat Institute of Management • King Mongkut’s Institute of Technology Ladkrabang • Southeast Bangkok College • Dusit Thani College • Bangkok University of International College • Bangkok Suvarnabhumi University • Thepsatri Rajabhat University • Nakhon Phanom University • Kasembundit University • Silpakorn University Innovation College,Thammasat University • Phetchabun Rajabhat University • Huachiew Chalemprakiet University • Valaya Alongkorn Rajabhat University • Assumption University • Rajapruk university • University of Payao
(As of 20 March 2017)
Areerat MontreepreechachaiManagerEmail. firstname.lastname@example.orgTel. +66 (0) 2694 6000 ext. 6083
Sujinda Iam-opartSenior ExecutiveEmail. email@example.comTel. +66 (0) 2694 6000 ext. 6080
Thanawan WatcharapanteeSenior ExecutiveEmail. firstname.lastname@example.orgTel. +66 (0) 2694 6000 ext. 6262